Thursday, October 13, 2005

The One

Sometimes I wonder
If there’s someone for me
The missing piece
Of my lonely broken soul

Love passes me by
Without even saying “hi!”
Or did it smile
Just when I looked away

I often sigh and worry
That I have already found
The true love of my life
But failed to see it

She may be staring
And kissed me from afar
But I was too busy to notice
The damp air on my lips

Or I may have drowned myself
In her deep pretty eyes
And sought safety in the lashes
But a friend called from behind

If I have turned my back
To love in front of me
I won’t live a happy life
Not without you near me

If there is such a word
As fate or destiny
Then somehow we’ll find our ways
To a love everlasting

But until then I’ll wait
For those gentle hugs and sweet carress
I’ll just wish on my lucky star
That I’ll bump by you tomorrow

No comments: