Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Letter To A Friend

I suppose I’m not really asking much out of life. I have stopped searching for big tremendous earthshaking event that would happen to me. Maybe I’ve stopped believing those things --- nice things can last forever.

I don’t know if it’s cynicism --- but I don’t think so. It’s just that I know people have to change, and they have to live lives and they have to go away.

No matter how deep and special a relationship between people, it’s very hard somehow to keep it ever alive with constant meetings and everyday contracts. We all have to grow old --- and it is sad.

Well, maybe one can still remain young somewhere in a hidden corner of his heart. I don’t really know.

All I’m asking is to have experienced having a friend at one time or another. If I have able to experience the person that is my friend, then that is enough for me. We don’t have to see each other everyday because we know that it’s not that important. We have been a part of each other and no one can take that away from us. That part of each other we shall always keep in our hearts --- and it will never die. Maybe it will just be pushed to the back of our minds at times when you have to think of things occurring in our daily lives. If ever we want to remember, it will always be there to recall, to treasure, and to cherish. Well I guess that’s what lasts forever.

If I have truly loved you and have given you something of myself, then that is enough for me. If I never see you again, nothing will be changed because you have made your place somewhere in my heart and you shall always be there no matter what.

It will make me sad sometimes to think that we had to part --- but then I will remember the happiness that we shared and I shall not be sorry. Perhaps, not seeing each other everyday will prevent us from doing things we’d like to and knowing everything about each other. But I will only have to think that for a magic moment in time --- we shared something --- and that something seemed like everything. That we are apart doesn’t make it less special. Time and distance does not have any power over what we once shared.

Every time I want to be young again, I shall think of our times. I shall laugh again just as I laughed then. We may grow old but that special feeling will always remain fresh and young.

I don’t ask much. A moment in time is enough for me to be happy. For I never did care for how long … only how much … and very much even for a while can last a lifetime.

If someday we meet, after all the years, and the magic is not there … it shall make me sad. But then I do not have the right to judge why it has become different. We both have to change and to grow. And if we are both happy this way then I shall be content.

We shall have to go our ways. Somewhere the road has to branch out. I take my path and you take yours. But I shall be happy thinking that once our road did cross and we walked together.

No comments: