Thursday, October 06, 2005

Northern Star

Here I am again
Looking at the stars
Hoping this could be the night
That you will set me free

Why am I still wishing
That we’ll be together?
And it doesn’t help to know
That I know we are meant to be

It remains a mystery
How we could ever be
When we have thrown it all away
And sworn never to go back

Oh my northern star
Listen to me
Grant my wish
Come back to me

I look at you
You look back at me
But it wasn’t the same
When you were still with me

Here I am again
Still longing
Please don’t let me wait forever
Take me away now

To a place where I belong
To a time we both still remember
Where dreams do come true
When you still keep me

I’m tired of waiting here
But something inside me is telling me
To hold on when I’m about to give up
God knows how I’ve tried

And when you come home
I’ll be here
You still linger in my soul
And you shall always be

No comments: